Reversing Morrowind's formulas

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Reversing Morrowind's formulas

Post by lgromanowski »

Hrnchamd wrote:Could someone fix the wiki heading CSS? All headings have no distance from the previous paragraphs, and all trailing line breaks are removed when you do a section edit. Add some top margins for headings h2-h4 or something.
I will fix it, but next time please write in Discuss the Site or make task in bugtracker with "website" as a category, because I don't read all posts and sometimes I could simply overlook such request.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I have another question regarding ingredients usage. The algorithm mentions a term named baseCost. What is that?
Hrnchamd

Post by Hrnchamd »

Zini wrote:I have another question regarding ingredients usage. The algorithm mentions a term named baseCost. What is that?
It's from the spell effect data, the base magicka cost for that effect.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay. Two more questions:

1. Do we know which sound is played when eating ingredients?

2. What is the duration measured in? I am currently assuming seconds. That results in very short effects though.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

1)
fx\item\swallow.wav (for eat raw ingredients/eating food/wartcraft)
fx\item\drink.wav (for drinking potions)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Implemented. Thanks.
Hrnchamd

Post by Hrnchamd »

Zini wrote:Okay. Two more questions:

1. Do we know which sound is played when eating ingredients?

2. What is the duration measured in? I am currently assuming seconds. That results in very short effects though.
I'd just like to point out that all sounds are looked up through a soundID, which is given parameters from Morrowind.esm. The soundIDs are "Swallow" and "Drink". Edit: Morrowind doesn't even use the drink sound, it uses swallow for everything. Confirmed with testing.

The duration is in seconds. Wortcraft normally has a duration of less than 10 seconds with a fresh character, it mostly scales with alchemy stat. Updating the page to reflect units.
Last edited by Hrnchamd on 14 Sep 2012, 16:06, edited 2 times in total.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

The duration is in seconds. Wortcraft normally has a duration of less than 10 seconds with a fresh character, it mostly scales with alchemy stat. Updating the page to reflect units.
Yes, it's just that useless.
Hrnchamd

Post by Hrnchamd »

It's actually minorly useful if you need to restore attributes. You can get restore everything but speed from eating common ingredients, and it doesn't need a long duration or magnitude to work well. The ability to eat daedra hearts for magicka is a nice touch too.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Hrnchamd wrote:The ability to eat daedra hearts for magicka is a nice touch too.
Woah, nice touch Bethesda.