Reversing Morrowind's formulas

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Hrnchamd

Re: Reversing Morrowind's formulas

Post by Hrnchamd »

Training costs added to wiki. Still working on alchemy, but it should be done today.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Thank you! :-)
Dgdiniz

Post by Dgdiniz »

Thank you for the training costs :)
Hrnchamd

Post by Hrnchamd »

Alchemy, wortcraft, ingredient effect hiding and some initial work on magic effect properties added to the wiki. Alchemy needs regression testing, in case I made a mistake somewhere.

It's also re-organized. Implementors, please update the pages with the implementation status of the mechanics.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

It's really great that someone with your experience are doing this work. The formulas look really clean and seems well fitting from the small amount I've tried them out.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I'll go through the list and update the implementation status later today.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Those are some damn fine conditionals Hrnchamd ;)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Can I have some clarification on the magic effect flags? I assume these are from the flag word in the MGEF record. We currently have 3 flags in that record (0x200, 0x400 and 0x800). That would match with the data on the wiki, but there are two negative flags (one at 0x10 and one at 0x800).
Hrnchamd

Post by Hrnchamd »

Zini wrote:Can I have some clarification on the magic effect flags? I assume these are from the flag word in the MGEF record. We currently have 3 flags in that record (0x200, 0x400 and 0x800). That would match with the data on the wiki, but there are two negative flags (one at 0x10 and one at 0x800).
It's hardcoded property flags from the data section of the exe. I'll definately annotate the data sources from now on. Thanks for adding implementation data.
Hrnchamd

Post by Hrnchamd »

Added magic resistance and more importantly, documented effect attributes.

Could someone fix the wiki heading CSS? All headings have no distance from the previous paragraphs, and all trailing line breaks are removed when you do a section edit. Add some top margins for headings h2-h4 or something.