OpenMW 0.16.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.16.0

Post by Zini »

The launcher bugs are all worked out? Doesn't default to OpenGL anymore and doesn't crash when there's a missing config file or wrong Data Files location?
In theory. Testing so far has been a bit sketchy. Hopefully if there are any kinks left we can get them out in the RC phase. I wouldn't bet money on it though.
Someone fill be in on x.y syntax. Could you access script local variables this way in vanilla Morrowind or is this something that is OpenMW specific? I never had to write any scripts for any MW modding I ever did so I don't know.
In Morrowind the remote local variable access only works reliably in one direction (reading, I believe). Our implementation works in both directions. Apart from that it is the same.
The alchemy window differs from the vanilla one. Someone please inform me as to why it's better than vanilla and why it made sense for us to implement it this way pre 1.0? (I'm assuming this is mainly because we were planning on changing it later anyway, why make it twice? But, any other information is valuable to me.)
The usability of the original Ui was poor and making a new one wasn't more work then replicating the original MW UI.
Does the spell window differ from vanilla in any significant way? I'm under the impression that it does not, but I haven't looked at it too much.
Nope. It is the same.
What was the point of allowing '=' as a synonym for '=='? This doesn't make sense to me, as '=' is generally an assignment operator and '==' is usually for checking equality. But, I don't know our context for using them.
This is one of the most retarded oddities in the MW scripting syntax. = and == are synonymous there and some scripts in Morrowind.esm unfortunately rely on this perversity.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

I'm able to test the launcher myself now, since I'm back home. I did some testing together with RebelRider and things look promising.

UPDATE: Just did some testing on Windows 7 64-bit with the RC. The launcher works for me, it correctly remembers the graphics settings, doesn't crash when the My Games/openmw directory is missing and asks the user for a valid Data location. I'd say green light for the launcher as soon as we figure out what goes wrong for this guy, but I suspect that's a settings manager issue and not a launcher one.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I have had a major problem with the .16rc and all post .15 builds I've tried. Lots of in game models, particularly lots of NPCs, are completely black. The launcher is also not changing any settings for me and the in-game settings won't change anything either. If I try to change resolution 'cancel' and 'ok' both do nothing but print "problem with framelistener ... " to the external console. I have to alt-tab out of the game and close it manually if I try to do anything with the in game settings.

Any ideas guys? I'm on windows with an ATI card.

EDIT: also, thanks for the answers Zini
Zini

Post by Zini »

"problem with framelistener ... "
Having the whole error message would be helpful.
corristo

Post by corristo »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28481/openmw/O ... 16-rc1.dmg

Here is OS X rc.

Fouond one caveat:
1. All plants are empty for me =\ No special launch params specified.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I have identified the problem with settings. Patch coming soon.
Lots of in game models, particularly lots of NPCs, are completely black.
Known issue: http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/248
Turn off [Objects] shaders as a workaround. (Or switch to opengl)
All plants are empty for me
Levelled lists are not supported yet, so that's supposed to be so.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Please make new RCs from master branch.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

scrawl wrote:
Lots of in game models, particularly lots of NPCs, are completely black.
Known issue: http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/248
Turn off [Objects] shaders as a workaround. (Or switch to opengl)
Thanks, working fine now! Shame I won't be able to have pretty water in my video, but I'll try to get one made today.
Last edited by WeirdSexy on 23 Jun 2012, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
corristo

Post by corristo »

raevol

Post by raevol »

Release status as of this post:

Win32: awaiting rebuild of RC2
Win64: awaiting rebuild of RC2
Linux32: awaiting rebuild of RC2
Linux64: awaiting rebuild of RC2
Deb32: awaiting rebuild of RC2
Deb64: awaiting rebuild of RC2
OSX: Awaiting testing of RC2

Correct me if I am wrong on any of this...