OpenMW 0.16.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Re: OpenMW 0.16.0

Post by ElderTroll »

If, by the time of 0.15.0's release, we don't have volunteers from the OpenMW forums to figure out the formulas, then I'll request volunteers when spreading the release notes around different websites and forums.

Just tried out the RC and it's great having terrain collision! Great job everyone.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

@Rhys: Switches definitely do too, you're right, though I believe that's a scripted move, and not the same method of movement as a door.

@ElderTroll: If I were you, I'd ask either Hrnchamd or Psyringe for help with the formulas. Hrnchamd is the guy who develops the "Morrowind Code Patch" and Psyringe was his tester. I recall they know their way around Morrowind's formulas pretty well. Also Fliggerty might know a thing or two about Morrowind's skill formulas.
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

I made a dedicated topic.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Switches work using an animation. Its the doors that have their movement hardcoded into the game. The game simply applies a rotational movement around the z axis over a given time; I think this time is the same for all doors that move this way.
natirips

Post by natirips »

Tarius wrote:...The game simply applies a rotational movement around the z axis over a given time...
If you stand in the way, the door will only rotate until it hits you. The door will be stuck in this position until you either move out of the way of activate them again (reversing direction of rotation).

Also, as someone mentioned before, some dwemer doors are a bit more complex compared to a 90° rotation.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

natirips wrote:
Tarius wrote:...The game simply applies a rotational movement around the z axis over a given time...
If you stand in the way, the door will only rotate until it hits you. The door will be stuck in this position until you either move out of the way of activate them again (reversing direction of rotation).

Also, as someone mentioned before, some dwemer doors are a bit more complex compared to a 90° rotation.
Doors that do anything other than rotate 90 degrees use animations for the movement. At least, all the ones I have looked at do this.

Yes that is correct, the door stops upon detecting a collision.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

When do we think we will have the ability to control the player's speed?
Zini

Post by Zini »

As soon as someone figures out the formula.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Usually I would call for release preparations now or at most in the coming week. Unfortunately it seems we aren't ready. We have some improvements, but nothing both major and complete enough for a release.

I already made a posting about the alchemy skill in the development section. If we get that done, we can have a release.

Also, I would like to inquire about the state of various other important tasks. Namely:

- object rotation and scaling

- the work on physics fixing/improvement

Any chance we can get any of them ready for the next release?
gus

Post by gus »

The rotation and scaling functions depend on the physic improvement, but when physic improvement are finished, it shouldn't be long.