OpenMW 0.13.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW 0.13.0

Post by psi29a »

Before I head out for the weekend, here are rc2 builds based on oneiric:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/396161/openmw_0 ... _amd64.deb
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/396161/openmw_0 ... 2_i386.deb

notes: there is a nvidia-cg-toolkit requirement, but we dropped the libogre-1.7.4 and libbullet requirement. You'll still need those libraries for these rc builds. Also this build is for a multi-arch to in your plugins.cfg you'll see references to /usr/lib/(i386||amd64)-linux-gnu/OGRE-1.7.4 . All of this is irrelevant in our official releases (statically compiled). Just keep that in mind. :)
Last edited by psi29a on 23 Mar 2012, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Thanks. It seems we don't get much more testing for RC1, so if we could also get builds for the other platforms, we might be able to release 0.13.0 on Monday.
FuzzyLights

Post by FuzzyLights »

Zini wrote:We might consider that, but this feature will require some non-trivial design decisions, so I don't want to rush it in. You can set the encoding in the cfg file for now. Use ./openmw --help to get help on available options (they are the same for command line and the cfg file).
I know, I've already set up the encoding in the cfg. But I think that isn't difficult to add to launcher a small combobox with a choice of encoding.
Ace (SWE) wrote:Compiled some Windows packages, go crazy testing them.
Windows 32-bit
Windows 64-bit
Ace, please, add readme.txt in next windows builds.
trikorder wrote:3 - NPC Dialogues works quite well the only thing I noticed that after activation
it take quite a time (5-10 sec) to pop up
. Is this normal somebody noticed it as well ?
+1.

Can anyone upload a screenshot of dialog window with multiple lines of text?
gus

Post by gus »

trikorder wrote:
3 - NPC Dialogues works quite well the only thing I noticed that after activation
it take quite a time (5-10 sec) to pop up. Is this normal somebody noticed it as well ?

+1.

Do you have slow computers? Because every time a dialogue is started, the whole topic list is sorted (it's a huge list), so that might take time.
Ad can ESM stuff be modified during runtime? If no, the list could be sorted when openmw starts.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

New packages, grab them while they're hot:

Windows 32-bit
Windows 64-bit

On my system there's maybe a quarter of a second of delay between activating a NPC and having the dialogue show. Wouldn't it be possible to have a dirty flag for when to sort the list?
Zini

Post by Zini »

FuzzyLights wrote:
Zini wrote:We might consider that, but this feature will require some non-trivial design decisions, so I don't want to rush it in. You can set the encoding in the cfg file for now. Use ./openmw --help to get help on available options (they are the same for command line and the cfg file).
I know, I've already set up the encoding in the cfg. But I think that isn't difficult to add to launcher a small combobox with a choice of encoding.
Yeah, but should this be global? Or per profile? Or per ESM (with conflict detection). I would expect in a multi-lingual environment having to manually adjust a separate setting each time you are changing profiles would be rather annoying.
On the other hand most multi-lingual environments are probably English plus one other Language. At least for the encoding setting I am using, English works too, so there would be no switching involved.
And obviously post-1.0 the encoding setting will be only needed for legacy ESX files, but Morrowind.esm is a pretty important legacy ESM file.
We need to think that through before we make a decision.
Zini

Post by Zini »

gus wrote:
trikorder wrote:
3 - NPC Dialogues works quite well the only thing I noticed that after activation
it take quite a time (5-10 sec) to pop up. Is this normal somebody noticed it as well ?

+1.

Do you have slow computers? Because every time a dialogue is started, the whole topic list is sorted (it's a huge list), so that might take time.
Ad can ESM stuff be modified during runtime? If no, the list could be sorted when openmw starts.
ESX records can be added but not modified during runtime. For dialogue/info records not even that is the case. These don't change at all.
trikorder

Post by trikorder »

gus wrote:
trikorder wrote:

+1.

You can see my spec in spoiler I do not consider it slow
(I use bootcamp and win xp maybe I have not the newest nvidia drivers but oblivion works fine on it)
Spoiler: Show
I will test the rc2 win32 build later today
gus

Post by gus »

I tried some changes in my DialogueSystem branch. Any better?
trikorder

Post by trikorder »

gus wrote:I tried some changes in my DialogueSystem branch. Any better?
Please note that I can only test builds now! I did not set up my build yet in osx and definitely not in windows. So if your new changes are not int Ace's new rc2 build then I will not be able to test. Sorry!