OpenMW 0.13.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
artorius

Re: OpenMW 0.13.0

Post by artorius »

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Also, quick question on the Dialogue GUI. In the original game, the windows are semi transparent (I understand that this feature might not be implemented for a bit), but they are resizable and moveable.

When I use the dialogues in openmw, they are static and I can't move them. When I play the game on a lower screen resolution, I can't see the character that I'm talking to. Is that something that will be adjusted in a later release?
FuzzyLights

Post by FuzzyLights »

OpenMW-0.13.0-rc-win32.exe

1. In Vivec I get an infinite loop during loading sounds:
Spoiler: Show
2. Sometimes I get a strange sky:
3. It may be necessary to add the choice of encoding to the launcher?
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

FuzzyLights wrote: 1. In Vivec I get an infinite loop during loading sounds:
Do these file paths exist? This is where they are supposed to be.
FuzzyLights wrote:2. Sometimes I get a strange sky:
This should be fixed in the latest master.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

FuzzyLights wrote:1. In Vivec I get an infinite loop during loading sounds:
Upon further inspection it seems that something in the Mangle/Open Engine sound loading code is throwing an exception. I don't understand that part, and Chris has already thrown it out for the next release, so it will be pretty hard to track this down.
gus

Post by gus »

Also, quick question on the Dialogue GUI. In the original game, the windows are semi transparent (I understand that this feature might not be implemented for a bit), but they are resizable and moveable.

When I use the dialogues in openmw, they are static and I can't move them. When I play the game on a lower screen resolution, I can't see the character that I'm talking to. Is that something that will be adjusted in a later release?
Probably, if it's the way morrowind do it. As far as I know, MyGUI can handle all that. I must say i hadn't thought about lower resolution screens.
artorius

Post by artorius »

gus wrote:

Probably, if it's the way morrowind do it. As far as I know, MyGUI can handle all that. I must say i hadn't thought about lower resolution screens.
I was messing around with the MyGUI 3.2 demos, and I do see that it can handle the semi-transparent windows. I think it would be cool to have that feature in OpenMW, especially since Vanilla MW has it.

As far as lower resolution screens, if the windows could be resizable, that would probably help with that.

For instance, the Demo_ScrollView has a resizable window, and the Demo_Gui has the semi-transparent window.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Hey guys, so I'll make a video for 0.13.0 when you release it, if you want.

But there are some things I need to know more about in order to talk about them:
  • Feature: Other Object Sound Effects. Some examples? Like the bubble sounds when you pick up bottles and stuff?
  • Feature: Review Caelum. Caelum was used for the previous implementation of the sky, correct? So you improved upon Caelum or replaced it in this version for the new (awesome looking) sky?
  • Feature: Sky-Type Weather Elements. This is clouds and stuff? What kinds of weather are not implemented yet?
  • Feature: Fading. What is this? The classic 'Morrowind Fog' that I've noticed in the 0.13.0 RC build? Or is that a product of something else?
  • Feature: Equipping Items. Can you equip anything on an NPC that people would be able to see externally? like a weapon? There's still no inventory window, correct?
  • Feature: Load REC_PGRD records. I recognize this as the path grid record, but what exactly does it do or what does it mean to users at this point?
Sorry for my ignorance guys, I'd appreciate your input.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Okay, this is a subset of things you should cover.
Go to Seyda Neen and talk to Sellus Gravious, he has a lot of things to talk about, so it will showcase the dialogue (you need to get the papers from the same cell first).

Get some quest entries, by talking to guild recruiters (the console works too) until you get enough entries in the console and then on camera open the journal and flip through the pages.

Try the command "twf" in the console, same command to revert it.

Pick up every item you see (ideally not misc items since they all sound the same), and go through at least one door. In Beshara(the current starting cell), at the spot with the 2 guys and the three chests is a good spot, it has items lying around, a locked chest and a locked door. Don't talk to them though, they don't have any topics. Also you can fly around Beshara to hear the scripted sounds.

Travel around exterior cells and catch the different weather, red mountain too (you can get the weather to change with the console too).

Also for the grand finale, go to a place with a nice view and sunshine, and type in the console "set timescale to 2000" and stare at the sky for the rest of the day. This should blow people away.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thanks werdanith. Haha, yes I was definitely planning on doing a sped up day/night cycle. It blew me away when I first tried it, that's for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions, all that is pretty much in line with what I planned to do.

Can anyone tell me more about Fading, Item Equipping, and the Path-grid Record?
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

WeirdSexy wrote:Can anyone tell me more about Fading, Item Equipping, and the Path-grid Record?
For fading take a look at these 3 console commands:
http://www.uesp.net/morrow/editor/mw_cs ... tml#fadein
fadein, fadeout, fadeto
be careful though ;)

The equiping stuff is in the backend, no visible changes yet.

Not sure what the situation with the Path Grid is, all I know is that I can't get the corresponding console commands to work.