OpenMW 0.18.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
corristo

Re: OpenMW 0.18.0

Post by corristo »

trikorder, I can confirm crash on "coc" command.
Backtrace leads to OIS. Will try older version & test.

UPD: There's no such problem in 0.17 and problem definitiely not in used OIS version.
No crash in 0.17, even with Ogre 1.8.1.
Last edited by corristo on 19 Sep 2012, 22:39, edited 2 times in total.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Yeeees, moar testing, moooar... *rubs hands together*

EDIT: It's very helpful if, when you test and encounter no issues, you report that. A small description of the things you tried would be helpful too.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Ok, I'll do my best to get a video made before release.
The main features I see that are interesting to the end user are the following:

[FEATURE] Keyboard and Mouse-Button Bindings
[FEATURE] Hotkey Window
[FEATURE] Spell Buying Window
[FEATURE] Door Markers on Local Map
[FEATURE] Loading Screens and Loading Bar
[FEATURE] Inventory Avatar and Race-Selection Head Preview
Are these simply not fully-functional yet, or do we not know why they always display the Dunmer male, regardless of actual player race?
[FEATURE] Implement Level-Up and Level-Up Dialogue
No level up image?
[FEATURE] Ingredients Use
Just consumes the ingredient and increases alchemy skill, doesn't actually apply the magic effects?
[FEATURE] Using Keys to Open Doors/Containers
[FEATURE] Hide Marker
[FEATURE] Handle Resources Across Multiple Data Directories
Anything special to say here or should I probably leave this out?
[FEATURE] Object Movement/Creation Script Instructions
[FEATURE] Input System Rewrite
Anything special to here, or is it just better?
[FEATURE] AIPackage Data Structures and AI Framework
Ok, so the Framework defines AIPackage handling and the Data Structure gives us a way to implement all of the individual AI packages for NPCs, yes? Anything I should say here other than mention like "We have begun implementing the parts of our engine that handle AI. This puts us closer to giving our NPCs the spark of life."

What else have we done that doesn't show up on the roadmap? We added a no-collision flag to certain meshes, right? Anything else?

Also, I'm just curious. We are eventually planning on doing some sort of pre-emptive cell loading so that the game doesn't freeze for a second when loading a new cell, right?
Zini

Post by Zini »

[FEATURE] Inventory Avatar and Race-Selection Head Preview
Are these simply not fully-functional yet, or do we not know why they always display the Dunmer male, regardless of actual player race?
Currently the class and race selected during character creation are stored in a temporary location. The actual player is not updated correctly. Partially an oversight on my part. I knew that this was only a placeholder implementation and that it would give us trouble eventually. I just wasn't aware that the trouble would be that big. We first need to improve the world model implementation a bit, before we can do anything about that. It's on the roadmap for 0.19.0.
[FEATURE] Ingredients Use
Just consumes the ingredient and increases alchemy skill, doesn't actually apply the magic effects?
Magic effects are applied, but only those that have been implemented so far (not many). There is a list of them on the wiki somewhere.
[FEATURE] Handle Resources Across Multiple Data Directories
Anything special to say here or should I probably leave this out?
Very technical and not very important right now (unless it turns out to break something). You can leave it out.
Ok, so the Framework defines AIPackage handling and the Data Structure gives us a way to implement all of the individual AI packages for NPCs, yes?
Correct.
"We have begun implementing the parts of our engine that handle AI. This puts us closer to giving our NPCs the spark of life."
That sounds good.
What else have we done that doesn't show up on the roadmap? We added a no-collision flag to certain meshes, right?
That is actually listed on the roadmap (bug #398).
Also, I'm just curious. We are eventually planning on doing some sort of pre-emptive cell loading so that the game doesn't freeze for a second when loading a new cell, right?
Eventually. Post-1.0 feature.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

No level up image?
It is there but it's always Acrobat because the player class is not set correctly on character creation yet.
Anything special to here, or is it just better?
You can rebind keys / mouse buttons. I would call that better.
corristo

Post by corristo »

Here is backtrace of crash after "coc" command:
https://gist.github.com/3752643

Crash in launcher not confirmed.
Last edited by corristo on 19 Sep 2012, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thank you, Zini. You are awesome.

Scrawl, ah I see. I didn't realize that is what gave us that functionality. Thanks!
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

This project is still blowing my mind with the speed you are completing it.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

I agree with Greendogo. The additions of each release add a little more polish. I love having the loading screens. It makes waiting (I'm on a netbook) for exteriors to load much more pleasant. I am at work right now, so I can't really dive too deeply in, but I will do some playtesting in the coming days.
trikorder

Post by trikorder »

leobloom wrote:to enable player controls the command is "enableplayercontrols"
thanks this works, :) , after that I was able to go out from the ship and did not crashed
only when coc.