random cells, quests etc.

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
garvek

random cells, quests etc.

Post by garvek »

I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a randomly generated world (Dungeonhack anyone?)
Generated Dungeons and terrains "à la Daggerfall" are parts of our long term goals with DH. But not planning, though (still long way to go :P)
Star-Demon

Re: Message in The bottle

Post by Star-Demon »

I'm on it - do we have any examples of systems where the calculations are still cloudy or in the dark? Or even systems that we're just having a hard time on?

I don't want them to think we haven't been doing homework.
garvek

Re: random cells, quests etc.

Post by garvek »

I know that you already have pretty hard work to make OpenMW work. I'm not sure if I responded to your question, though.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

I would like to learn mode about procedural generation, do you know someplace in the literature where I can read?
garvek

Post by garvek »

Honnestly, I'm not proficient in this domain :/. I know that it is used by several games, like Dwarf Forteress. We had some people involved in procedural generation, but they are not here anymore.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

There's a wiki about procedurally generated content of all types: http://pcg.wikidot.com/

Read to your heart's content.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

I know that wiki, but as far I could read there is lots of basic information. Nothing really advanced or comprehensive.

Maybe after the master degree (10th of july... eheh) I will give it more depth. Thanks.