OpenMW 0.16.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.16.0

Post by Zini »

Pushed a fix that should get rid of the container fill problem once and for all. The GUI bug is more scrawls area again.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

werdanith wrote: Also, I've encountered a one in a million bug. If you open a container the moment you get a messagebox with a button and press the OK button then the container elements disappear and you are left with the mouse cursor with nothing to do. You can't leave this mode. I can reproduce this consistently by charging at the barrel with the ring in Seyda Neen while spam-hitting space, although I'm not sure whether other people will be able to reproduce this without an equally atrocious framerate (5 fps).
does https://github.com/scrawl/openmw/commit ... 2adff203c1 (scrawl/guifixes) help?
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Both issues fixed. :)
raevol

Post by raevol »

BUG SMASH
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

When compiling latest pull (with fixes) I get these messages:
Scanning dependencies of target openmw
/home/bbrick/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/launcher/filedialog.cpp: In static member function ‘static QString FileDialog::getExistingDirectory(QWidget*, const QString&, const QString&, QFileDialog::Options)’:
/home/bbrick/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/launcher/filedialog.cpp:31:55: warning: suggest parentheses around arithmetic in operand of ‘|’ [-Wparentheses]
[ 26%] Building CXX object apps/launcher/CMakeFiles/omwlauncher.dir/moc_maindialog.cxx.o
[ 27%] Building CXX object apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/__/__/components/compiler/exprparser.cpp.o
[ 27%] Building CXX object apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/mwgui/window_manager.cpp.o
[ 28%] Building CXX object apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/mwgui/dialogue.cpp.o
/home/bbrick/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/launcher/datafilespage.cpp: In member function ‘void DataFilesPage::writeConfig(QString)’:
/home/bbrick/workspace/OpenMW/openmw/apps/launcher/datafilespage.cpp:1075:31: warning: unknown escape sequence: '\P' [enabled by default]
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am aware of both warnings. I wrote pvdk a message about the second one. I suspect there is simply an n missing.

Not entirely sure what to do with the first. The obvious way to get rid of it would be to simply add brackets. But honestly I would rather disable this warning. This may be somewhat disputable, but I think adding unneeded brackets to an expression makes it harder to read, at least if the precedence rules are obvious, as they are in this case.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Zini wrote:Not entirely sure what to do with the first. The obvious way to get rid of it would be to simply add brackets. But honestly I would rather disable this warning. This may be somewhat disputable, but I think adding unneeded brackets to an expression makes it harder to read, at least if the precedence rules are obvious, as they are in this case.
I'm in favor of adding parenthesis. It helps differentiate between when you meant to use || or |, and the warning has saved me a few times in my other projects. It can be difficult to track down an error caused by the misuse of & or | or = when you meant && or || or == since it often won't outright crash because of it.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

I've added parenthesis to get rid of the warning but there might be a better way of doing things, or maybe I'm doing it completely wrong. What I want to do is add two variables to a list of options. From memory I thought this was done using the &, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Here's the code:

Code: Select all

dialog.setOptions(options & (DontUseNativeDialog | ShowDirsOnly));
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

I am sure every knows it, but C++ offers the keywords ``and'' for &&; ``or'' for ||; ``bitand'' for & et cetera. My worthless advice is using them.

For example I like the keyword ``not'' much more than ! and it is more visible.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

pvdk wrote:I've added parenthesis to get rid of the warning but there might be a better way of doing things, or maybe I'm doing it completely wrong. What I want to do is add two variables to a list of options. From memory I thought this was done using the &, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Here's the code:

Code: Select all

dialog.setOptions(options & (DontUseNativeDialog | ShowDirsOnly));
Do you use options as bitfield? it seems you want to activate DontUseNativeDialog or ShowDirsOnly _if_ they are already activated in options.