Multiple ESMs and ESP support

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Chris

Re: Multiple ESMs and ESP support

Post by Chris »

werdanith wrote:As far as plugins go though, pretty much nothing works.
Most plugins segfault while trying to load with something akin to this:

Code: Select all

#0  0x083dcd4a in Ogre::SharedPtr<Ogre::Texture>::destroy() ()
#1  0x083dc8ec in Ogre::SharedPtr<Ogre::Texture>::release() ()
#2  0x083dc738 in Ogre::SharedPtr<Ogre::Texture>::~SharedPtr() ()
#3  0x083dc5b0 in Ogre::TexturePtr::~TexturePtr() ()
#4  0x0866c646 in OEngine::Render::OgreRenderer::~OgreRenderer() ()
#5  0x08669b9b in OMW::Engine::~Engine() ()
#6  0x086611c9 in main ()
Looks like it's crashing on shutdown, after throwing an exception and before displaying it. You could try running under gdb, using 'catch throw' to set a breakpoint on 'throw' calls, to see what's doing it (IIRC, one is automatically generated during GLX init by Ogre, but this can be safely passed).
Zini

Post by Zini »

If, for example, you move the Balmora Stilt Strider to Caldera, the resulting plugin will do this:
- The Stilt Strider still belongs to Balmora, i.e. the cell where it was originally defined.
- The original reference gets some new data fields, essentially saying "moved to Caldera".
- Caldera is given the information that "something was moved here", but not what it is.
This sounds odd. I can not see any data structure in our ESX documentation that would allow for such a thing. I was under the impression that the original reference was deleted and then a copy of this reference is created in the new cell.
Are you absolutely positive about this moving procedure and do you have any information about the data structures used?
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Any news on this?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Nope. It looks like mark76 has gone inactive again.
mark76

Post by mark76 »

Rumors about my early demise have been greatly exaggerated. I had to overcome some nasty health issues - couldn't literaly catch a breath :( And it grew slow and subtly, so I didn't realize it until it was serious (shortly after pushing my branch to the repo some weeks ago). Now I am taking actions against it, but recovery is also quite slow. Plus, on my Real Life side, everything is quite turbulent as well - another conference coming up in two weeks, and this one's quite badly organized. Fortunately, this will be the last conference this year :)

Enough off-topic stuff. Last weekend, I finally started to catch up with the recent developments and discussions, so just to let you know - I am not dead yet. It will take a few more days to look though everything, though. So, if you feel there is something I should specifically know, feel free to point me towards it, it will definitely help getting back in tune with everything.

(And just in case somebody is wondering - in Real Life, I am a theoretical astrophysicist, with PhD and everything, still at university, caught in the eternal post-doc loop. In other words - my life is composed of many unusual things, including visiting conferences around the world, wasting considerable amounts of time and nerves, all for *maybe* getting a contract extension. But my recent health issues were completely unrelated to either Real Life or OpenMW - a construction site just before my window did produce a lot of unhealthy stuff.)
raevol

Post by raevol »

Hope you are feeling better soon! And good luck with your post-doc work. :)
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

couldn't literaly catch a breath
Literally catching a breath?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Good luck mark76. Wish you feel better soon.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Wow, theoretical astrophysicist. What area do you specialize in? I got a bachelors in electrical engineering but minored in physics.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Thanks for helping out with the project. Glad you're on the road to recovery. I bet all that traveling for conferences exposes you to some nasty germs.