OpenMW 0.13.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.13.0

Post by Zini »

I am unassigning two tasks for 0.13.0:

* Morrowind.ini Importer
* Sound Manager Cleanup

I don't see any code for them on github and I am pretty sure that I have never seen a single line of code for at least one of them. Plus both developers have been silent for a while. No point in blocking these tasks any longer. If anyone is interested, they are up for grabs again.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

I'll take the Morrowind.ini importer task. I think that's a perfect job for the launcher.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not exactly. The idea is to have it as a separate command line tool. And then later add another launcher tab, that allows to run it from the GUI.
Zini

Post by Zini »

On to 0.13.0:

I will try to get the dialogue scripts working properly over the next couple of days. Then gus can continue with the dialogue implementation (sorry, jhooks, but this is more urgent than equipment; I am still planning to get the equipment backend working early in 0.14.0).

The water branch needs a little bit more work, before it can be merged. Nothing major, I think. I will post in the water thread as soon as I am done with the dialogues.

Everything else looks ready for a release.

We still have some unfixed bugs on the 0.13.0 roadmap. Volunteers?

I guess the schedule depends mostly on how fast gus and I can get the dialogue finished. I would aim for 2 weeks until we start with RCs again? gus, what do you say?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I've pulled from master to do some testing and man does it take long to compile. Is there really that much more code, even after removing Caelum?

I tried compiling and running and end up getting this:
bcurtis@zwartevogel:~/workspace/openmw$ ./openmw
Loading config file: /home/bcurtis/.config/openmw/openmw.cfg... done.
Loading config file: ./openmw.cfg... done.
Loading config file: /etc/openmw/openmw.cfg... done.
Using default (English) font encoding.
Adding /opt/morrowind/Data Files/Morrowind.bsa
Data dir /opt/morrowind/Data Files

ERROR: OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Named constants have not been initialised, perhaps a compile error. in GpuProgramParameters::_findNamedConstantDefinition at /build/buildd/ogre-1.7.3/OgreMain/src/OgreGpuProgramParams.cpp (line 1425)
Nothing complained in cmake, so I assume that the required libraries are in place.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Haven't seen this one before. No idea right now.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

looks like a shader failed to compile. post the full ogre log.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

scrawl wrote:looks like a shader failed to compile. post the full ogre log.
If I'm running it from the build directory, where would it be? I do not see any log in the ~/.config/openmw directory.
corristo

Post by corristo »

I can try to implement REC_PGRD loading
Zini

Post by Zini »

@BrotherBrick: Strange. My latest Ogre.log is from September last year. I guess something must have happened with it during the configuration system rewrite.

@corristo: Great!