Logo and designs

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
pvdk

Re: Logo and designs

Post by pvdk »

Necrod wrote:Launcher would look better without that little blue glow around the header.
That's because of KDE, not much I can do about that I believe, could always try though.
Necrod wrote:And I noticed you actually used the first result you found by typing "scroll" into google :mrgreen:
Well it does show up in Google's top results yes, but I found it when I was looking for a scroll image which was under a Creative Commons or similar license, which this one is. I found it on a different page though.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Personally, the "dirty" red looks out of place to me. The original logo is a shiny gold (while the CS logo is a shiny silver), so I think something along those lines would fit better.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I personally think the website looks really nice right now. The digital painting of the silt strider with the fabric textured off-white sides. I think the website as it currently is - is very clean and clear. Information is easy to read and there aren't any distracting elements. Didn't raevol design it? If so, nicely done raevol!

This is very distracting to me versus what we have now. That's my personal taste, feel free to just ignore me if you all want something new.

I don't mind the idea of having a new logo to be used at the top of the screen, or in the launcher, but I don't think we need a whole new website layout or color scheme.

To be fair though, this was a pretty nice submission for a logo. I really like the off-white letters, it's brighter than the red. It's my favorite one so far.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Well not all tastes can be pleased at the same time.. I'll try a few more ideas and make a poll?
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Why not hash out the idea and potential designs for a week or two, and then make a poll. A logo is what the world will see for a long time, and if it's going to affect the layout and design of the website, maybe a little more time is needed.

Raevol, what do you think? I know I read you worked on the design of the website quite diligently. Do you have any input on things that may change its appearance?

To reiterate, Necrod, I have no qualms about making a new logo. None whatsoever. I think it's a fantastic idea. I am just put off by changing the design of the front page from what, imo, is a great design. If we can come up with a logo that doesn't drastically alter what's already done on the page I think we would need to do a lot less work and we would be preserving something that already works great.
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

We can have a new logo and keep the good old site design.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Can we keep old banner? This fan art is incredible and I like it very much.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

ap0 wrote:We can have a new logo and keep the good old site design.
Don't know what you mean, the site design is the same I only changed header image and background
Yacoby

Post by Yacoby »

Necrod wrote:
Don't know what you mean, the site design is the same I only changed header image and background
As in keep the site the way it is. (Or maybe replace the white OpenMW text? with the new logo onto the old image?)

I <3 that artwork at the top of the site.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Yacoby wrote:
Necrod wrote:
As in keep the site the way it is. (Or maybe replace the white OpenMW text? with the new logo onto the old image?)

I <3 that artwork at the top of the site.
Like this?
http://i42.tinypic.com/a2rd54.png
And here's the one without the lines, and with decaying MW part
http://i43.tinypic.com/fjnpki.png
I don't really like it