OpenMW 0.20.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.20.0

Post by raevol »

Alright, waiting on new Linux and Windows RCs, as well as testing for everything. Do we have anyone who can test the OS X package?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Zini wrote:
BTW if I run:
>D:\Games\OpenMW\openmw.exe
in windows using Ace's RC, I get: ERROR: No default settings file found! Make sure the file "settings-default.cfg" was properly installed. What do I do?
Might be a packaging problem. Do you have this file somewhere? If not Ace needs to rebuild the package.
Strange, the file is there in the package and it installs properly for me.

Anyway, new RC builds here:
Windows 32-bit
Windows 64-bit
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to be able to make a video until Friday or Saturday, but I'll definitely get it done one of those two days!
Myckel

Post by Myckel »

Just build OpenMW from GIT, all ground in exteriors is white. Options has shaders to off (my hardware (Radeon HD 3450) doesn't support it), but an error about compiling the shaders it dumped onto the console. Is this known?
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Since the latest RC most of the people you meet have 0/100 in disposition towards the player.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Lazaroth wrote:Since the latest RC most of the people you meet have 0/100 in disposition towards the player.
Same here.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Added the 0/100 bug to the tracker: http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/500

Found another potential bug- try this: bump your speechcraft and personality to 100 each and try admiring someone. My experience is that I still fail the vast majority of attempts. Edit - With 100 on each skill, I got a 12/20 success fail rate.

FOUND ANOTHER BUG... when you ARE successful, it has no effect on disposition under certain circumstances (such as when the NPC has 0/100 disposition)
Edit: So that's 3 bugs, in one feature, for those that are counting.
Last edited by Greendogo on 10 Dec 2012, 04:47, edited 2 times in total.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Myckel wrote:Just build OpenMW from GIT, all ground in exteriors is white. Options has shaders to off (my hardware (Radeon HD 3450) doesn't support it), but an error about compiling the shaders it dumped onto the console. Is this known?
Using binary blob or opensource driver?
trikorder

Post by trikorder »

raevol wrote:Alright, waiting on new Linux and Windows RCs, as well as testing for everything. Do we have anyone who can test the OS X package?
Tested most features of the recent build on osx Lion so Launcher obviously crashes for me as we know, but running openmw only I could use bribe, persuasion, and advanced mercantile functions, so they seems to work (I did not test correctness), Can change the race in the race menu.

Did not tested the animation pause feature.

Good job guys keep up. :)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

@WeirdSexy: Could you confirm or deny if Persuasion is bugging out for you like I was describing a few posts above? If you're going to show that feature off in a release video it would be nice if it worked as expected.