OpenMW 0.18.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
jedd

Re: OpenMW 0.18.0

Post by jedd »

WeirdSexy wrote:It's looking a little sad right now with 42 members.
Joined and invited some potential helpful people ;)
jbo_85

Post by jbo_85 »

OpenMW is crashing on Windows 7 64 bit if you go into the race menu through "enableracemenu" and press ESC twice, using the latest master.

It's crashing in "apps/openmw/mwrender/characterpreview.cpp" in the destructor "~CharacterPreview" because mAnimation is 0xBAADF00D (aka uninitialized memory).
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

jedd wrote:
WeirdSexy wrote:It's looking a little sad right now with 42 members.
Joined and invited some potential helpful people ;)

Again, why not put links to steam page, moddb and facebook page in description of each video? Instead saying visit blog and forums, could also say "join steam group, and follow us on moddb" ;)
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Necrod wrote:Again, why not put links to steam page, moddb and facebook page in description of each video? Instead saying visit blog and forums, could also say "join steam group, and follow us on moddb" ;)
On this note, I would like to propose we stop listing the blog for each individual language in our video descriptions as it takes up so much room and simply link:

OpenMW FAQ Video
openmw.org
facebook page
moddb page
Steam group
etc.

Anyone opposed to this?
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

WeirdSexy wrote:
Necrod wrote:Again, why not put links to steam page, moddb and facebook page in description of each video? Instead saying visit blog and forums, could also say "join steam group, and follow us on moddb" ;)
On this note, I would like to propose we stop listing the blog for each individual language in our video descriptions as it takes up so much room and simply link:

OpenMW FAQ Video
openmw.org
facebook page
moddb page
Steam group
etc.

Anyone opposed to this?

I also wanted to suggest that. And without spaces so people don't even have to click "show more" to get all the links..
OpenMW FAQ Video > link to the video
OpenMW Blog > link to the blog
OpenMW Forums > link to the forum
etc
trikorder

Post by trikorder »

corristo wrote:
HiPhish wrote:It works!
ok, looks like OIS from Ogre dependencies not that reliable =\
Thanks for assistance.
sorry for the late reply coc problem is solved for me to in rc5 (did not tested rc4)
however launcher crashing on start with buss error: 10 on console
and here is the mac log it seems to me some QT problem hoever the launcher from 0.16 starts without crash.
Spoiler: Show
corristo

Post by corristo »

trikorder:
I've updated my Qt installation after migrating to 10.8 and looks like my Qt built against 10.8 sdk, so it can do things like that on earlier OSes.
I'll try to make clean build from source with deployment target = 10.6, but I'm not sure I'll do this in time before release.

Anyway, I think it'll definitely be fixed in 0.19.
Sorry for inconvenience.
trikorder

Post by trikorder »

corristo wrote:trikorder:
I've updated my Qt installation after migrating to 10.8 and looks like my Qt built against 10.8 sdk, so it can do things like that on earlier OSes.
I'll try to make clean build from source with deployment target = 10.6, but I'm not sure I'll do this in time before release.

Anyway, I think it'll definitely be fixed in 0.19.
Sorry for inconvenience.
@Corristo
thought that it should be something like this,
It is perfectly fine with me to be fixed in 0.19 or so,
Many thanks for your work :) Keep up :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

So, are we ready on the OS X front now? If no one starts yelling soon, I will add the tag tomorrow and call for a release.