Differences between openmw 0.11 and openmw 0.14.
Pretty obvious, isn’t it ?
I’m proud to announce that OpenMW 0.11.1 is now released! Release packages can be found on the Google Code page.
Please note that with the loss of our Linux builder, no Linux package is available. Linux users can download the source and build the release themselves. If you have Debian packaging experience and would like to help out, please let us know!
– Launcher implemented
– Misc. code cleanup
– Some optimizations implemented, further optimizations are planned
– Fix to allow resource loading outside of BSA files
– Fix to search for openmw.cfg in the correct locations
– Added the TCL alias for ToggleCollision
– Added missing cfg file support for some command line options
– Added reporting of resulting state to Toggle-type script instructions
– Fix for some NPC IDs being interpreted as Topic IDs
– Implemented back-end for player journal
– Implemented MessageBox
– Implemented tab-completion in console
– Implemented handling multiple data directories
– Fix for accessing objects in cells via ID with mixed or upper case IDs
– Fixed unicode conversion issue to allow localized encoding of gui strings
OpenMW 0.11.0 (actually it’s called 0.11.1) is coming! This time ALMOST for sure.
It certainly took a while to finish but don’t get the wrong idea? It didn’t stopped work on openmw 0.12.0.
First thing that you may noticed is brand new OpenMW launcher. It’s rather useless at the moment as OpenMW can’t even load multiple esm’s.
Another features: the message box GUI and basic tab completion in the console. OpenMW 0.11.1 should also run faster with added optimization.
Work on crucial features takes a long time to finish. Some things just can’t be finished faster, especially when developer have no official documentation and often just crawls in the dark. Just look at the story behind animations? jhooks still has hard time to figure out how all the stuff works.
But yes, openmw 0.11.1 is close.
And openmw 0.12.0 will be a giant milestone, not terrible faraway. Actually large portion of work was already done, what you should know If you read news regularly.
OpenMW, the reimplementation of the Engine of popular video game The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind.
We have an upcoming release version 0.11.0 (to be released in the next 7-14 days)
Which fixes several bugs, as well as improving performance. New features include, tab-completion in the console, Message Box GUI and a Launcher.
This is largely a maintenance release, kill bugs, improve performance and add a few new things.
0.12.0 should be more feature packed release.
Although we have had a round at speeding things up there are still a number of things we can do to improve performance for the engine.
The Launcher although allows selecting multiple esm/esp files, OpenMW currently only supports one esm. Esp file loading is yet to be introduced.
For The following release(0.12.0); The User interface will receive a lot of attention. Including The NPC Dialogue System.