Project Aedra

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
ElderTroll

Project Aedra

Post by ElderTroll »

Hello,

I've been following your progress for a couple years. I am very impressed by your work and love reading your updates. I'm not a coder so I've never felt there was a point to registering. However, I just stumbled across this project on youtube which is also a morrowind engine remake. It looks fantastic and I've read that the coder thinks your projects are heading in different directions, but you might be valuable resources for each others projects. Here is his sourceforge page sourceforge.net/projects/aedra/ and here is his youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/dragongeo2

I hope this is helpful and some cross pollination happens.
Zini

Re: Project Aedra

Post by Zini »

We are aware of this project. Seems it has caught up a bit on us. But we will fix that in the 0.13.0 release ;)

Both projects move indeed into different directions. Technically they are very different. I don't see much overlap, that would allow one project to benefit from the other.
gus

Post by gus »

Well, I see one. Aedra use bullet for collisions, as we do, and it's collisions seems to be much better. A quick look at his code might help!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Don't forget to post if you find something that can improve openmw. :-)
Zini

Post by Zini »

@gus: Feel free to have a look at the source. I assume the licenses are compatible.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

gus wrote:Well, I see one. Aedra use bullet for collisions, as we do, and it's collisions seems to be much better. A quick look at his code might help!
That would be awesome!!! Right now with physics we constantly fall through the floor. Could you please work on it?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Necro....

anyone heard from Aedra in awhile? Has anyone had a look at their collision handling?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

psi29a wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 11:07 Has anyone had a look at their collision handling?
Aedra uses a custom stripped fork of bullet 2.77 with custom patches.
The basic approach is the same as in OpenMW: raytesting and convex sweep tests.
Collision boxes are AABBs, also I did not find a threading code here, so it seems physics is a single-threaded too.
Aedra uses a list of collision worlds instead of just one since it was aimed to multiplayer.
Link to the main physics code.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

It hasn't been worked on since 2016... I might try to reach out to dragongeo2 and see what's up. :)