Wanted: Pictures!

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Wanted: Pictures!

Post by lgromanowski »

Star-Demon wrote: What would be really great is if we had some pictures of the class hierarchy.

We could have a few perspectives:

Our classes - purely ours, originating from their earliest (latest?) library object they are derived from.

The GUI pic - from our classes to the MYGUI member they are derived from.

Rendering -
from our actors to OGRE,
from our cells to OGRE.,
from our mwclasses to OGRE

Stuff like that. Any ideas for more pictures?
Zini wrote: Well, I am not a visual guy. But we have a Doxygen configuration file in the repository (hopefully still up to date). Doxygen can automatically create various class diagrams (if set up correctly). The inheritance diagrams won't be very fancy, because we have very flat hierarchies in OpenMW. The collaboration diagrams might be more interesting.
Star-Demon wrote:
Zini wrote:Well, I am not a visual guy. But we have a Doxygen configuration file in the repository (hopefully still up to date). Doxygen can automatically create various class diagrams (if set up correctly). The inheritance diagrams won't be very fancy, because we have very flat hierarchies in OpenMW. The collaboration diagrams might be more interesting.
Huh. I forgot it was even there and what it was about. I'd like to see that in action. Things change so much that the documentation generator probably doesn't get to be used much, right?
Zini wrote: There were some problems with the Doxyfile. I pushed a fix.

Example:
<!-- ia0 -->classMWWorld_1_1Action__inherit__graph.png<!-- ia0 -->
Star-Demon wrote: Yeah, pretty much like that. Showing is better than telling, and pictures are just the thing. :)

That Nullaction class sticks out from the others, shouldn't it be ActionNull? :P

Hmmm...what other pics would be helpful?

Anything describing the traveling from data through Functions/Methods to being realized to the user. Not sure how important that one would be, though.
Zini wrote: Feel free to rename NullAction, once OpenMW builds on your system and you can test your changes.

The collaboration diagram is usually pretty interesting ;)
<!-- ia0 -->classOMW_1_1Engine__coll__graph.png<!-- ia0 -->
Star-Demon wrote: yeah, soon as I can use a project refactor and not shoot myself in the foot by doing it by hand. :P

@pic: oooo.