The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.34.0! Grab it from our Downloads Page for all operating systems. This release features many bug fixes, improvements to installation and the launcher, and exciting updates to OpenCS. Our “1.0” release remains excitingly close!
- Crash when trying to view cell in render view in OpenCS on OSX
- Crash when switching from full screen to windowed mode on D3D9
- Implemented ClampMode in NiTexturingProperty, fixes some floating plant textures
- Implemented INI-importer for the launcher
- Implemented “encoding” option in the launcher
- Disabled third-person zoom by default due to usability issues (can be re-enabled in settings file)
- Fixed several launcher and installation issues
- Fixed issue with BIK video/audio playback sync
- Fixed NPCs ignoring player invisibility when engaged in combat
- Fixed long class names being cut off in the UI
- Fixed running while levitating draining fatigue
- Fixed handling of disabled plugins
- Fixed ToggleMenus not closing dialog windows
- Fixed crash when calling getDistance on items in the player’s inventory
- Fixed the Buglamp tooltip showing the item weight
- Fixed slave crime reaction to PC picking up slave’s bracers
- Fixed Dremora death animation
- Fixed Mansilamat Vabdas’s floating corpse
- Fixed bounty not being completely removed after the Larius Varro Tells A Little Story quest
- Fixed silenced enemies attempting to cast spells
- Fixed The Warlords quest
- Fixed sneak attacks on hostiles causing a bounty
- Fixed a crash caused by incorrect handling of getPcRank and similar defines
- Fixed pause in Storm Atronach animation
- Fixed a bug in TerrainGrid::getWorldBoundingBox
- Fixed crash on exceptions while adding startup scripts
- Fixed AiWander path finder hang when quickly changing cells
- Fixed crash when playing OGG files
- Fixed Dagoth Gares talking to the player even when he is not there
- Fixed overflow exploit in bartering
- Fixed a crash when maximizing the window with the race selection dialog open on D3D9
- Fixed script command “Activate, player” not working
- Fixed buttons only lighting on hover over their label
- Fixed Slowfall effect being too weak
- Fixed several skeleton/bone model and animation issues
- Fixed script handling to treat the [ character as whitespace
- Fixed a crash in character preview for non-existing meshes
- Fixed abrupt transition when ash storms end
- Fixed mouse movements being tracked during video playback
- Fixed a crash on exit
- Fixed being able to attack Almalexia during her final monologue
- Fixed the frame time cap not being applied to Ogre’s ControllerManager
- Fixed recalculation of Magicka to be less aggressive
- Fixed Azura’s spirit fading away too fast
- Fixed Magicka becoming negative
- Fixed health so it drops to 0 if it goes below 1.
- Fixed floating hairs in Westly’s Pluginless Head And Hair Replacer
- Fixed some issues with mods that use conversation scripts to update the PC
- Fixed graphical issues with Morrowind Grass Mod
- Fixed issues with renaming profiles in the launcher
- OpenCS: Implemented rendering cell markers
- OpenCS: Implemented double-click functionality in tables
- OpenCS: Implemented user settings dialog grouping, labeling, and tooltips
- OpenCS: Implemented editing positions of references in the 3D scene
- OpenCS: Implemented edit mode button on the scene toolbar
- OpenCS: Implemented user setting for showing the status bar
- OpenCS: Improved the layout of the user settings dialog
- OpenCS: Fixed script compiler sometimes failing to find IDs
- OpenCS: Fixed verifier not handling Windows-specific path issues when dealing with resources
- OpenCS: Fixed display of combat/magic/stealth values
- OpenCS: Fixed saving
- OpenCS: Fixed exception caused by following the Creature column of a SoundGen record
- OpenCS: Fixed MDL subrecord error
- OpenCS: Fixed coordinate and rotation editing
- OpenCS: Fixed several window and view handling issues
- OpenCS: Fixed loading plugins with moved references, implementation of moved references still pending
- OpenCS: Fixed a crash when closing cell render window on OSX
Want to leave a comment?
Web server change
2014-12-06 - Lukasz Gromanowski
tomorrow night (7.12.2014) I will be moving website to the new web server (same hosting provider, but different web server), so between 20.00-23.00 CET blog, wiki, bugtracker, and forum will be temporary in read-only mode (or closed if read-only mode won’t be possible).
Sorry for inconveniences.
2014-12-02 - Okulo
Hey people, hope you enjoyed those (belated) release videos. Without WeirdSexy’s sweet smooth ambrosia voice a release just isn’t the same. As 0.33.0 was gearing up for release, the OpenMW devteam couldn’t just leave well enough alone for a few days and started working on 0.34.0. Oh, those workaholics. Not that I’m complaining, mind you. More fixes for us fans. Let’s look at a few of them.
You’d think that with the life many Argonians have in Vvardenfell they wouldn’t be too unhappy getting rid of their shackles. Apparently they were still quite possessive of them even after you freed them, though. Pick up their bracers from the floor and they’d act all indignant. Not anymore. Starting 0.34.0 they will give you gratitude rather than attitude.
Some issues have popped up with the Fair Magicka Regen mod. OpenMW successfully reads the script, but the mod contains a bug. So paging dr. GlassBoy and dr Smoke, there might be an issue with this great thing you guys have got going on. It’d be appreciated if you could update your mod and push it to the Nexus. :)
Speaking of compatability, my fellow Archonaut Tinker has added a page to the OpenMW Wiki that is all about which mods work with OpenMW to what extent. Most Morrowind mods should work “out of the box” with OpenMW, but it’d be great to have some confirmation on this in a central spot. So if you can’t program, but are still enthusiastic about helping out, you can join this burgeoning project and help us build a great big repository of knowledge.
In other news, since our in-house programming machine, Scrawl, needs his daily oil change as well, he has been working on stuff outside of OpenMW. Real life has caught up with him, but if everything checks out, he might well spend a significant amount of time on OpenMW again very soon. That’d be the best. Scrawl has been a recurring character in the development of OpenMW, so you might imagine how much we miss his presence here.
Another familiar name to our followers (and especially our friends on /r/morrowind – hi guys and gals!) is Raevol, and he has come up with the idea of getting all features out of the way so we can leave the alpha stage behind us and move on to the beta phase. Currently the team is discussing the upsides and downsides of this plan. You’ll might well hear more on this subject soon, so stay tuned!