The week in review 2012-05-20 - ap0
This week’s theme is either “The Inventory: barter window, inventory, item stacking and tooltips” or maybe “Thank You scrawl and gus“. Although inventory and barter windows are not 100% ready they are working and will soon be perfected. Zini has done the backend, and scrawl rely on it to implement visible functionalities: collaboration and teamwork are what makes openmw move forward!
gus fixed a bug in collision detection (since his task was stolen by scrawl 😉 ) which caused invisible barriers under Vivec’s lanterns that blocked player movement.
- Various fixes
- More background technical stuff, this time related to magical effects!
- Ho, we’ve never mentioned this in a post, but zini is our BDFL. He manages branches and merging them into the master branch, he accepts or refuses patches, and prioritizes feature development, and offers technical advice to developers… zini is The Guardian of OpenMw. Thanks to him, the code is (mostly) clean and efficient, and the project is moving forward! If you like the project, then you may want to give a quick thank you to zini for making it possible.
- Thanks to gus’s preliminary work, you can now drop item on the ground! WOOOOOOO!
- Drag’n’drop from/to the inventory.
- The inventory works (also thanks to gus too) : Items stacking, tooltips, filtering, …
- Item count selection dialog
- Many gold related features (eg. You can’t sell gold anymore !)
- Implementation of trading with NPC ( in 3 fuckin’ days !).
- You can now talk with the mudcrab merchant !
- You can’t put your items in “organic” stuff anymore.
- Max capacity for containers
- You can now see faction and birth-sign in the stat window
jhooks and chris are still working on animations. They are currently experimenting with various strategies to get robes and skirts to render correctly through Ogre3d.