The week in review 2012-06-18 - ap0
Hello everyone !
The OpenMW team is proud to show you the early works done on multiple esp/esm loading : Solstheim! But don’t expect this feature for the 0.16, there are still a lot of thing to do.
Everything written last week is still true today but developers progressed with their tasks:
- scrawl is still progressing on his amazing shader library
- Zini added new instructions to script implementations
- jhooks1 added scaling of shapes in bullet : physics are (as always) getting better and better!
- ace is working on record saving with the terrain system and his MSVC related fixes were merged into the main branch.
- K1ll refactored tab completion code so it should work faster and look cleaner.
- A bunch of bugs related to the launcher received fixes.
- The gentoo ebuild is available under the game/engines section: please test it!
Some funny notes now:
- On windows installer shows you the GPL to accept. The problem is that GPL license allows to do everything with binary file and you don’t need to accept the license to use compiled program in the first place. This glitch is no more.
- Eli2 has done some work on head-tracking!? It’s just a POC, for fun. Don’t expect this to be merged into the master 🙂 We’d also like to remind new developers to consult the development team about tasks, because we need to focus on getting to 1.0 before we implement amazing new features.
Normally I wouldn’t post a picture of something going wrong, but this is too crazy not to share. When using the Better Bodies mod it seems every part of the bodies are being replaced by the entire body mesh of BB. Anyone inspired to make a Silent Hill mod?! It’ll be a while before OpenMW has all the features mods use, so expect things to be slightly wonky.